Friday, December 26, 2014

Hello! It's Monday again here in the MTC and we have the opportunity to email home again, yipii!

Dear แม่,

I love you so much and I'll probably write this one short also because we'll also write on Monday (also because I don't have my journal with me right now). Our new area is doing well, I think, and the work here is progressing well. Every year, Thailand has about 500 baptisms and in this year alone we've had nearly 2,000. There is so much growth and we're in the heart of it! It's so exciting! Our new area it self is small and the best way to grow it is by baptizing. We go out and find potential investigators everyday. We have two investigators we're close to baptizing. บ. เออ was supposed to be baptized last Sunday, but felt unready. This week, however, he'll definitely be baptized and I'll be the one to baptize him. First I need to figure out how to say the baptismal prayer thing. Our second investigator is บ. แจ๊ก and he should be able to be baptized, but we're not entirely sure how he feels about it yet. We also taught a brother ตัาร์, sister ชใ, and another brother whose name I can't remember. We've contacting a ton to find new investigators. We ask people if they're familiar with the church and invite them to be baptized right off the street. Most of the time, they're not interested, but on the rare occasion, they'll take our inviting cards and give us their number. It's so exciting and I love every part of the work! I only get a few numbers each time we go out, but people are so awesome and it's so great to help them be even more awesome by coming to know Christ. The understanding what people are saying is super hard still, but what I love the most is talking to people. Meeting people and getting to know them and help them is what I enjoy the most. None of the investigators we've taught have had any problems with keeping commitments or anything, but one of our investigators in our lessons expressed some concern (at least I think they did) about keeping the Word of Wisdom. They had drunk coffee their entire life and is now trying to change. They said how it's very hard when your family and everyone around you are, but you can't. I was thinking about how I didn't understand all of what they were saying, or even completely understand their situation - having not gone through something like that before, but I knew that Christ knows each on of us personally, individually, intimately, and all of the other words you can use to describe His relationship with us. His love for us is unfathomable and infinite. He knows our strengths and weaknesses and as we strive to come unto Him, He will strengthen us and enable us to do anything that we need to. "If ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me." Moroni 10:23. I know that this is true and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to share this message and to help others know this.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Elder Sun

P.S. Also, the members say I look like Harry Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment