Monday, February 16, 2015

2-15-15 Weekly Email (I'm not sure what week it is anymore)

Dear Mom,

Thanks for the Valentine's day themed emailed! I'm glad you had a great day at the temple! Valentines day here was pretty crazy, but the highlight was that we went out and celebrated my companions birthday! He got a lot of gifts for that special Valentines/Birthday day.

I'm so excited for the Meridian Idaho temple! In the training we had about the temple, they had a picture of the planned Meridian Idaho one! Idaho represent! I'm also super excited for Sabrina's mission call! That's so awesome! The same Japan mission as her mom, that's crazy! All of these homecomings make me feel really old, too.

This week as been pretty awesome! We're one of the only districts in the entire mission so far to get two baptisms per companionship and the Lord has blessed us so, so much in the work. We had five investigators get confirmed in Sacrament on Sunday and one baptism. One super cool thing is that one of our RC's from last transfer brought his brother to church and we're teaching him. He's going to get baptized next Sunday. We're so excited! We also had two people get baptized on Wednesday, too. It felt like a great week! It rained Sunday morning and when it rains, Thai people don't want to go out so we didn't have very many investigators at church.

The Pakistani family we're teaching is still trying to look for work and we visit them every week. We want to help them so much, but there's really not much we can do. They accepted a Baptism date for 2019 (when they may be able to get visas). The family is so awesome and are so nice!

English class went great and things are still great in Bangna! There are only two more Sundays left in this transfer and we're hoping to end it well! The thing I love most is the people, but the person I love most is the Savior. I want to make sure that everything leads back to Him.

I'm not sure what else to write other than I'm so happy to be a missionary and be doing this great work! If I was better with words and could somehow express how it really is, I would. But to sum it all up, it's so great! I echo what Hermana Sun said with stalking, loving, teaching and that we are the happiest and the best we can be when we consecrate ourselves and allow His will to become our will. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and that He lives. I know that no matter what our trials, challenges, or goals may be, if we rely on Christ, we can overcome and accomplish anything that He needs us to. I have felt the most energy, most joy, and most satisfied when I try to put His work first in everything.

Elder Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment