Tuesday, March 22, 2016

In the Bangkok North Stake

Dear Mom,

I love what you said: "If we remember God loves us and keep close to the Spirit, every good, small thing we do will bring us and others closer to Him." That made me think of 2 Nephi 32:9 "But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul." When we remember Him, when we pray, everything we do, He will make every single thing we do enlighten and enlarge us.

I feel like time FLIES on a mission. The future feels so far away, but the past has happened so fast. I also love testimony meetings. I also love the heart attack that was on your door. I am quite impressed that you would compare my stories to stories in the scriptures.

I'll try to keep my letter short this week. I feel like our ward is doing so, so, so great. I feel the the start of a new transfer with all new district leaders and all new missionaries has built a refreshed enthusiasm with the work here. All of the missionaries who have moved in are great, hard workers. I'm so, so excited. I'm just a little worried I won't be able to keep up with what the Lord needs us to do. The goal for our stake is to submit for and to branch off and become another stake by the end of May. I'm excited to have a part in building up a stake. I think of the talk by Elder Cook "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ". He quotes "Someone said long ago that when great events occur, three types of people are manifest: first, the one who doesn't realize that anything great is happening; second, the individual who realizes something is going on but doesn't know what it is; and third, the man behind the scenes making it all happen." I'm excited for all of us to be working to make this great event occur, I think of the temple and formation of the Ubon stake and all of the other marvelous events that have occurred already.

This past week, we have also seen many miracles with working with members. We have received many referrals and have been taken to visit many LAs. I'm excited that we are focusing in building the excitement for the missionary work.

I can go on and on and on with all of the things we have seen, how amazing people are, cool stories, powerful testimonies we've heard, about investigators we've met, and the progress of them, but I can only sum up a little.

This week will be Easter. I'm excited to be able to share about Christ's Atonement in a light of future life and hope. I'm so thankful for the chance to reflect on His Atonement in a special way that comes once a year. I love this year's Easter video. You can find it on FollowHim.mormon.org.

I have found new life in Jesus Christ, and there is nothing better than helping others find new life in Jesus Christ. I cannot adequately express how I feel about being a missionary or having a testimony of Him. "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God." 

 Picture is of Elder Curtis's fan. Fan in Thai means girl/boy friend.


-- 

ขอแสดงความนับถือ,                                           Sincerely,
เอ็ลเดอร์ ซัน                                                        Elder Sun
ผู้สอนศาสนา                                                                 Missionary 
ศาสนจักรของพระเยซูคริสต์แห่งวิสุทธิชนยุคสุดท้าย         The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
คณะเผยแผ่ กรุงเทพฯ, ประเทศไทย                                   Bangkok, Thailand Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment