Wednesday, April 13, 2016

It's another great day in Thailand for Songkran

Dear Mom,

Because of the Thailand new year, our p-day has been changed to day. Today we will spend all day in the biggest annual water-fight in the world.

I am tremendously grateful for the Gospel. I have seen how it has changed, blessed, and completely repaired families. We just watched general conference on Saturday and Sunday and we just had our zone conference yesterday. We got to have a training segment during zone conference. We talked all about the Gospel's power to create hope, love, and help our families. I am ever grateful for the amazing experiences and revelation I have received on my mission. This past week has been revelatory. 

I've learned many lessons this past week. I have learned a greater importance of families and that love truly is the greatest motivator. These are both lessons that I had thought I knew before my mission, but through sincere prayer and experience, I can see how narrow my view really was. I'd often think of Gospel principles and circumstances as just that. Doctrines that we teach, things we do just to go day by day. I had very seldom thought broader than the principles that we taught. This past week I've looked back and realized that as deep and as complex as the Gospel is, in its essence, it is actually very, very simple and the underlying most important 'principle' is love. God is our Father. He loves us. He wants us to return to live with Him. To be happy. All that He has given us is to that purpose. For that is His work and His glory. He wants our families to return with Him. Because He loves them. He gave us our families on this earth to learn, to grow, to love each other so we can experience a part of the love that He has for us. He has given us the Restored Gospel so we can know just how much He loves us. He has given us the Book of Mormon because He loves us. The Plan of Salvation, the Restoration, the Gospel, temples, the priesthood, Atonement, trials, our weaknesses, His Spirit, everything is because He loves us. We always talk of His love, but this past week I feel like I have really seen His love.

General conference this past session talked heavily on families and love. I believe I am continuing to see the overarching message of the Gospel. In all its complexities, the Atonement is at the center and is because He loves us. So much more important than just what we say, but how we say it, why we say it, and the conviction of our hearts. The Spirit acts on brief, powerful, simple, direct declarations of belief - a conviction of gospel truth.

Also, I just got an email from a member in Sakon Nakhon that Brother Axe's wife just got baptized and that Brother Game, Sister Anny's younger brother also just got baptized! Both Bro.Axe and Sis.Anny were so good and wanted to share the Gospel with their families. We worked with Bro.Axe for the entire time we were there. He would also talk about helping his family. We taught his wife, two daughters, and son on separate occasions. Bro.Axe would fast and pray for them regularly. Everytime we would teach or meet with him, he would talk about helping his family. Now the stone is rolling and I am so, so happy for them. What a witness to the importance of families.

I know that the Church is true. I know that we all can experience the true joy that comes from sharing the Gospel, from sharing love. I know that those who will honestly and earnestly seek Him, will find. I have found so much joy and happiness through knowing that God lives. There is nothing that can or will have a greater influence in our lives than when we know that God lives and loves us. I know that as we continue to draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. There are many, many things that I have learned on my mission, and many many more that I have not ye learned. But the greatest thing I have learned - the single most important thing is that He lives and loves us.

This is the Lord's work. He directs it, and if we are faithful and diligent, he will make us tools in His hands. I testify of each of your ability to bring others to a knowledge of the truth! You can facilitate incredible changes in peoples' lives by helping them receive the restored Gospel! All you must do is be willing to talk with all those that you meet. Develop relationships of trust and love with others, and pretty soon they will start to ask you questions like, "What makes you different?" "Why are you so happy?" or "What would you do in this situation in my life?" These opportunities will surely come to all who have a desire to be a part of the Lord's work.

I love you all! Please let me know about the missionary experiences each of you have! I hope you all feel The Savior's love this week.

PS.Mom, I think you should plant a variety of vegetables in the garden this year. I would recommend spicy peppers, bean sprouts, and other things that are made in Thai dishes.

-- 

ขอแสดงความนับถือ,                                           Sincerely,
เอ็ลเดอร์ ซัน                                                        Elder Sun
ผู้สอนศาสนา                                                                 Missionary 
ศาสนจักรของพระเยซูคริสต์แห่งวิสุทธิชนยุคสุดท้าย         The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
คณะเผยแผ่ กรุงเทพฯ, ประเทศไทย                                   Bangkok, Thailand Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment