Monday, September 5, 2016

It's been raining a lot

Dear Mom,

I hope everything is doing well back home. 

We had special Zone Training this past week. We focused on how all we do, in studies and planning and service, is for our investigators - for others. When we give of our selves, we'll really find ourselves.

I'm so excited that I've been able to serve the Lord for these past two years. As time has seemed to fly by and is coming to a close, I can't help but think about all of the things that I've learned and continue to learn everyday. I want to serve the Lord and serve God as best as I possibly can and help as many of His children as I can in the time that is left. I figured that probably the best way I can do that, and really the only way to do that is to just try to show love to everyone.

I know that God lives and He loves us. He has helped me along every step of my mission and I have seen His hand in the lives so so many of those around us. All things denote there is a God and the opportunity to serve Him and His children has really opened both my mind and my heart to Him. He loves us more than we can possibly imagine. He desires for us to be truly happy and be able to face all of the challenges and trials in life with success. We all have these things come up, and He is willing and able to help us overcome them. He allows us to face these trails in order for us to grow. More than just having the opportunity to face opposition to help us grow, but He also allows us the opportunity to help others over come the opposition in their lives. Heavenly Father can answer the prayers of His children through us. As we follow the Spirit, He can lead us to HIs children that have needs or concerns that He has prepared us to answer. He will lead us to those who need lifting. In the Liahona from this month, I like the message "Practice Pure Religion". In the section 3. Care for the Poor and Needy, it describes the experience of one man who was placed in just the right place at the right time to help someone. I know that He is placing many people at many times of lives that we can help, serve, and love if we just learn to reach out with pure love.

This is one thing that I've learned on my mission, specifically in the most recent months. When we love, we serve. When we love, we sacrifice. When we love Him, we serve Him. When we truly love Him, we serve others. I am so thankful for the blessings that I have received from the Gospel and for His tender mercies. It's indescribable.


-- 

ขอแสดงความนับถือ,                                           Sincerely,
เอ็ลเดอร์ ซัน                                                        Elder Sun
ผู้สอนศาสนา                                                                 Missionary 
ศาสนจักรของพระเยซูคริสต์แห่งวิสุทธิชนยุคสุดท้าย         The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
คณะเผยแผ่ กรุงเทพฯ, ประเทศไทย                                   Bangkok, Thailand Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment