Monday, March 16, 2015

3-15-15



Dear Mom,

Ugh, smiling. It's so hard! Thailand's favorite sport is definitely soccer, but I've heard a lot of people like volleyball, ping pong, and badminton, too. We have a member, ซ. กวาง, who works in the sewing business and she can make scripture cases and ties. I'm glad you mentioned temples. How do you think you could get people really hyped about temples? The work here is still super excited about baptisms, but we also want to have a huge focus on temples. I find it a little weird still talking about temples on the first visit with an investigator, and there's not anyone in the mission yet who has found out a good way to work with families with a focus on temples. It's still a new thing that our mission is trying. We want everyone in Thailand to hear about our message and we want all of the members, investigators, families, RCs, missionaries, and church leaders to be as excited and hyped up on the work.

I did get a package last transfer! Thank you so much! The pictures were useful for my family book, too! Thanks for the snow! I won't be seeing much of it for a while. We did have these weird Singapore snow cone things one day.

For my birthday...I want everyone to find one person they can invite to church or meet with the missionaries. Every night as I lie in bed, I think about who and how I can help build in their relationship with God, get baptized, and go to the temple. Mosiah 28:3 I think this is my new favorite scripture. It didn't help me in a time of distress or anything, but when I came across it for the first time in personal study, it struck me and caused me to think. "Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble." It literally made me tremble and really sad when I read this verse. I care for these people so much that even as I write this, I start to tear up thinking about it. I told my companion last transfer that if I could give my life to save someone else's, I would in a heartbeat. And that is what I'm doing now. I love this work and I seriously feel sad if I think about going back home. I've only been out a short time, I still don't know the language, I feel like my teaching sucks, some days seem soo long, there's not a lot we can actually do, but through Christ we can do all things. This isn't our work, it's His work. We are only instruments in His hands.

Here are some scriptures from the Bible.

"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." (John 12:25.)
"Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it." (Luke 17:33.)
"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13.) 

Elder Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment