Monday, July 6, 2015

This week was super awesome, too. Spiritual thougts

I forgot to include a few spiritual thoughts that I came across in my personal studies this week. It is really an amazing thing to be able to feel the Spirit and come across answers to questions, concerns, and problems through the scriptures, the words of the prophets, and through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sometimes, and it seems to be increasing frequently, that I find myself on the brink of tears from feeling the guidance of the Lord day by day. I truly feel like rejoicing in the Lord like prophets of old who are overcome with the Spirit. It's such a feeling that you can't describe, but you know without a doubt that it is a divine. Something that I am confidence cannot be found anywhere else but in Christ. Anyway, a few thoughts that I came across are centered on repentance, missionary work, and the oh-so-amazing joy that comes through a knowledge of the gospel and the Atonement of Christ. I would love to hear thoughts on these verses.

Alma 5:49 "And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again."

Alma 13:21, 27 "21 And now it came to pass that when Alma had said these words unto them, he stretched forth his hand unto them and cried with a mighty voice, saying: Now is the time to repent, for the day of salvation draweth nigh; 27 And now, my brethren, I wish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great anxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins, and not procrastinate the day of your repentance;"

Helaman 5:8 "And now my sons, behold I have somewhat more to desire of you, which desire is, that ye may not do these things that ye may boast, but that ye may do these things to lay up for yourselves a treasure in heaven, yea, which is eternal, and which fadeth not away; yea, that ye may have that precious gift of eternal life, which we have reason to suppose hath been given to our fathers."

DC 6:3 "Behold, the field is white already to harvest; therefore, whoso desireth to reap, let him thrust in his sickle with his might, and reap while the day lasts, that he may treasure up for his soul everlasting salvation in the kingdom of God."

Helaman 5:11 "And he hath power given unto him from the Father to redeem them from their sins because of repentance; therefore he hath sent his angels to declare the tidings of the conditions of repentance, which bringeth unto the power of the Redeemer, unto the salvation of their souls."

Alma 34: 8-12, 15-18. This is a great excerpt on the Atonement and repentance.

Enos.


These are several scripture passages that I love so much. If I could have more time to expand on them, that would be so great - but suffice it to say that missionaries are called to preach repentance to everyone. We have the love and passion to declare this with all all of the power of our soul. We don't do this just to increase membership in the church, to have baptisms every week, or to boast in our selves, but so we can truly help the souls of those who don't know Christ so that we can lay up treasures in heaven, rest with them in the kingdom of our father. We are the angels that are sent to declare the glad tidings of repentance that, through the infinite, merciful sacrifice of Christ, we truly can receive Eternal Life. This is what I wish I could have all of the people we teach and meet feel. What I desire to share and to help others experience.


I just feel so much joy in the service of the Lord. I know that the Spirit quickens us through the power of the Atonement. Which Spirit "he has poured upon you, and has caused that your hearts should be filled with joy" (Mosiah 4:20). The overarching message in the scriptures is of Christ, the Atonement, faith, repentance, baptism, and of happiness. Of joy. The message of great joy.

Elder Sun

I apologize for writing so much sometimes and often end up rambling, but "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" (Alma 29:1)

ขอแสดงความนับถือ,                                           Sincerely,
เอ็ลเดอร์ ซัน                                                        Elder Sun
ผู้สอนศาสนา                                                                 Missionary 
ศาสนจักรของพระเยซูคริสต์แห่งวิสุทธิชนยุคสุดท้าย         The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
คณะเผยแผ่ กรุงเทพฯ, ประเทศไทย                                   Bangkok, Thailand Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment