Monday, July 11, 2016

Oh how time flies

Dear Mom,

I hope you had a great fourth of July! We didn't do much here, but it was a great to have a holiday on a P-day.

Every week seems to fly by so fast. It's amazing how much we get done everyday and how when we look back, time seems to get shorter and shorter. It makes me feel the importance of making the most of the time we have. I'll probably be moved this transfer and as the last few days come, it feels like it has come so quick, especially for my companion who will be returning home this transfer. It's a lot of fast changes.

We've meet some new people this past week, and are continuing to meet with the regulars. This last Thursday, we had the opportunity to have our special zone conference with President Johnson and have a great time with our zone. It was a kind of stressful event with so much going on the past week with transfers, jobbers, and all of the preparations for zone conference. We also had to go to the hospital to do a check up for Elder Parker and we're starting to say good bye to people. 

On Saturday, we went to a Buddhist style wedding. It made me grateful and thankful to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and the simplicity of the Gospel. The wedding had a lot of different parts and ceremonies, it all seemed kind of confusing, and seeing it made me think about no matter how complicated the ceremony may be, the real important thing is knowing that through the Gospel, although it may be simple, is what will make it so we can live with those we love forever.

Time feels like it has flown by so fast. Looking back, I am most grateful and impressed by the example and hard work of the members here in Don Mueang. I've seen members really take the lead in fellow shipping investigators and really helping them feel comfortable, loved, and involved at church. I've seen the members really care for our investigators, new converts, and less active members that I've never really noticed in other areas before. On our last Sunday at church, we had quite a few investigators come to church and overall a good amount of people come to church. I saw and also felt the amazing love that comes from when we realize that we are all children of God and come from the same family.

On Sunday, Elder Parker, Sister Beckstrand, and I all shared our final testimonies in sacrament meeting. Even though half way through my testimony there was a problem with the electricity and the power went out with a bang, I was still able to feel the Spirit and love for all of the members.

I'm way, very excited to leave and move onto new and great things, but will also miss this area a lot. I know that no matter where we are, God loves us and watches over us. I've learned so much and I can truly say that there is really nothing that has influenced me more than these past two years. I still have 3 months left and am determined to make the most of it. 


Pictures:
1. She's getting baptized.
2. Moustaches
-- 

ขอแสดงความนับถือ,                                           Sincerely,
เอ็ลเดอร์ ซัน                                                        Elder Sun
ผู้สอนศาสนา                                                                 Missionary 
ศาสนจักรของพระเยซูคริสต์แห่งวิสุทธิชนยุคสุดท้าย         The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
คณะเผยแผ่ กรุงเทพฯ, ประเทศไทย                                   Bangkok, Thailand Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment