Monday, July 25, 2016

Second week in the Tourist town

Dear Mom,

I am loving Cheang Mai! The work is continuing to progress well here. We've agreed that we're already seeing things begin to change and build. Elder Saunders seems pretty excited for this transfer which is actually going to be his last transfer in Thailand before moving to serve in Laos. We're working hard and giving it our all. I learned so, so much in my last area and I'm seeing ways to apply what I learned in Don Mueang and also from the past entire two years. I'm excited to work with this Branch/District and help them achieve their/our goals.

Elder Saunders is a fantastic missionary. I can see him being super great in Laos. Here, too. His Thai is way good. All the members think he's been here longer than I have. He's got a great personally and is so friendly. He's got a great attitude for the work, but isn't too stressed. He's got a great heart.

We have met with several new investigators that seem very good. We've met several people who, even though they don't know much about the Savior yet, they feel like they have a desire to learn about Him and follow Him. I've seen the power that the Spirit has when we read and pray. We've seen many, many blessings from the Lord this past week in growing our area. I'm very, very excited because we also had the chance to meet with the District leaders and hear their visions, thoughts, and goals. San Sai is very much like Don Mueang was. A lot of the members live here, away from the church and we need to start 'building a branch' out there. We're starting by doing the very same things we did in Don Mueang and I feel like the Lord really did prepare me to come here.

I'm excited to serve the Lord and to serve these Thai people until the last day and beyond.

Pictures:
1. We went to the "Grand Canyon". But we couldn't swim. Okay food and view though.
2. The baptismal font in Chiang Mai.

-- 

ขอแสดงความนับถือ,                                           Sincerely,
เอ็ลเดอร์ ซัน                                                        Elder Sun
ผู้สอนศาสนา                                                                 Missionary 
ศาสนจักรของพระเยซูคริสต์แห่งวิสุทธิชนยุคสุดท้าย         The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
คณะเผยแผ่ กรุงเทพฯ, ประเทศไทย                                   Bangkok, Thailand Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment