Monday, May 25, 2015

This week, it hasn't rained once.

Dear Mom,

Highlights of this week are: we served a member by digging a cementing a drainage ditch. First rate construction. We also had a decently large english class. We even had more people show up after I took the picture. Good stuff.

The investigator who was going to be baptized was 14. We met with her the Saturday before to teach her the rest of the required lessons. She accepted everything and was willing to keep all of the commandments with no problems up until the Law of Chastity which she said she couldn't keep. We were devastated! But still, she can repent if she has amble faith, which am sure she does and she can overcome whatever temptation or trial is placed in her way. Sufficient faith and true repentance can "wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts" (Mosiah 5:2).

Anyone under the age of 18 has to get parent/guardian permission to be baptized. They sign a permission form saying that they have permission. When her grandma realized how good of a thing it was to have her get baptized, she was more than willing to allow it and I'm sure that one day in the not too distant future, she'll want to learn, too.

A miracle that has happened this week is that of continued miracles each day. Every person that accepts us when inviting is a miracle in itself. As for large miracles, a person that I had invited a few weeks ago finally came to church and met with us everyday until he had to leave to Laos, but will be coming back today. He accepted and understood everything very well and we were able to teach him so much. He's a really nice guy. We were able to teach a friend of a member, a few referrals from a street contact/english class, finally meet with someone who has come to church three weeks in a row but had never met with us, another person I had been calling for a long time, a street contact who had a lot of questions and seems really good, and taught another investigator all of the missionary lessons. I'd say that these things are pretty large miracles and a change from weeks past. Whenever we go out, I tell myself "I believe in miracles, I have faith that miracles can happen, I have faith in miracles, I have faith in miracles". It helps to center and focus my thoughts. When our thoughts are totally consecrated, we give our will entirely over to the Lord and He can then make miracles happen. 

I also just found out that another one of my RC's from Bangna has shared and taught all of his family members. He accepted everything and was baptized in just two weeks. The Lord really did prepare him to accept the Gospel. Anyone who can put up with my language/teaching abilities is very prepared already for sure.

I wish everyone back home the best and congratulate Diana! Weekends are always difficult days to get people to come to things. Even church sometimes.

Elder Sun


These are some great scriptures I've come across about Christ, love, service.

2 Nephi 33:6-7 - "I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell. 7 I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgment-seat."

Mormon 3:12 - "Behold, I had led them, notwithstanding their wickedness I had led them many times to battle, and had loved them, according to the love of God which was in me, with all my heart; and my soul had been poured out in prayer unto my God all the day long for them"

Jacob 2:3 - " And ye yourselves know that I have hitherto been diligent in the office of my calling; but I this day am weighed down with much more desire and anxiety for the welfare of your souls than I have hitherto been."

No comments:

Post a Comment