Monday, October 26, 2015

Coming into the next week...

Hello Mom,

I hope all is well coming into the winter season over there. I promise I'll shovel the drive when I get back.

I was a little sick with some sort of cold/flu. I wasn't throwing up or anything, so it wasn't too bad. I'm also glad the tools are being put to good use. 

This week has been great. This past week was very busy, actually. We had the opportunity to go on switch offs with the Zone Leaders and I switched off with Elder Choechayaphum. Switch offs were a great opportunity for me to see great examples of how I can me a better missionary, district leader, and disciple of Christ. We received some great training that will definitely help us feel the Spirit and do the Lord's will. We focused on desires, prayer, and personal conversion. I really liked the thoughts that were shared and the past few days I've been thinking about how I can further change my desires. I remember talking to Elder Noyce about it before, it it kind of comes down to the question "how do we change our desires". We often speak of consecration, doing what the Lord wants and changing ourselves, but how do we actually do it. I feel it all starts with the small things we do and a conscious effort to constantly be what we want to be. All I want to be is what the Lord wants me to be, but sometimes I ask myself "what exactly is that?". This week is fast Sunday, the next is District Conference in Udorn. I'm very excited for the growth that is happening all over Udorn and all over Thailand, and Laos, too.

Some say the only constant thing in life is change. This is most definitely true. A wonderful truth about this change that we will face in life is that we can always choose what kind of change will happen. We can decide how the changes that happen around and to us will change us. When choose to follow Christ and decide to become more like Him, the change that occurs and the change that we choose will be one for our benefit.
Alma 5:12 "And according to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart. Behold I say unto you that this is all true."

Elder Sun

-- 

ขอแสดงความนับถือ,                                           Sincerely,
เอ็ลเดอร์ ซัน                                                        Elder Sun
ผู้สอนศาสนา                                                                 Missionary 
ศาสนจักรของพระเยซูคริสต์แห่งวิสุทธิชนยุคสุดท้าย         The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
คณะเผยแผ่ กรุงเทพฯ, ประเทศไทย                                   Bangkok, Thailand Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment